[OSM-talk] Orphaned Relations

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 11:05:34 BST 2011

2011/7/17 Sarah Hoffmann <lonvia at denofr.de>:
> Question remains what to do with the existing orphaned relations.
> Is there any legimate use for them or would it be save to simply
> delete them all?

I would ask the last editors to verify them, and let them delete those
in the case they are not needed. I suspect that some of these
relations actually were emptied without the mapper wanting it, so
there might be cases where relation should be reverted to the version
before (but this would have to be checked, maybe in the meantime
someone will have created a new relation).

I'd think that it is save to delete unused empty relations which are
in version 1 or which never had any members and have not been used.

cheers,
Martin