[OSM-talk] Orphaned Relations

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jul 18 11:59:23 BST 2011

Sarah Hoffmann wrote:
> I don't know about forbitting orphaned relations but it
> would certainly be helpful if the editors would show a big
> red warning sign if somebody tries to upload an empty
> relation.

No. That would be entirely disproportionate. Empty relations don't do anyone
any harm. Big red warnings put off novice users.

If you really care about empty relations, you are welcome to submit a patch
to P2 that automatically deletes relations when they're set to 0 members
(and undeletes them if you undo that action), of course!

cheers
Richard