[OSM-talk] Data reconciliation. Removing CT/ODbL declined users.

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 01:49:28 BST 2011

One *BIG* note that needs to be put out there specifically for the US:

User balrog-kun has explicitly declined the license. He ran a bot that
expanded abbreviations in TIGER street names in the western US which
means that virtually every named street west of the Mississippi shows
up as "tainted" in P2.

*BUT*

He has explicitly stated multiple times that he intends for these bot
edits to be relicensed under ODbL. So if balrog-kun is the only
declining user to have touched a road, there is no need to replace it.

The "ODBL coverage" map ( http://osm.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/map/ )
takes this into account but P2 does not. I think the map assumes any
change made in a changeset with a bot=yes tag can be relicensed
although I'm not sure on the exact implementation.

Toby