[OSM-talk] Data reconciliation. Removing CT/ODbL declined users.

Thu Jul 21 01:54:19 BST 2011

At 2011-07-20 09:49, Richard Weait wrote:
>The License Working Group takes the position that it is now
>appropriate to begin reconciling the data touched by users who have
>explicitly declined CT/ODbL. ...

>...don't remove non-compliant data unless you are replacing it;...

Is there a clear definition of what "non-compliant" data is?

Is it (a) based on the last user to edit an object, or (b) is an objected
tainted if it was touched at any point by a declining user?

If (b), must the object be removed and then re-created (with a different
object ID)? And why is that object conceptually any different than (a)?

Is a way tainted if any of the nodes it references is tainted?

Is a relation tainted if any of its members (or its members' members, etc.)
are tainted?

I'm sure there is a long discussion of these issues somewhere, but a
concise answer to these specific questions seems necessary in order to know
how to reconcile.