[OSM-talk] Download only specific nodes in one large area

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Sun Jul 31 21:09:20 BST 2011

On 31.07.2011 21:37, Richard Weait wrote:
> Something similar has been partially automated, sort-of. Perhaps you
> can build on the multi-lingual country list?  It would be wonderful to
> extend it to states / provinces, cities, etc.

if it's to add bilingual names I have this web-based. I did it for
Thailand. Prototype is existing. Also experimented with in-place editing.
Editor is tied to OSM using oAuth.

As the feedback from the community was not like it's an absolute "MUST
HAVE" feature I did not invest much time in further developing it.

Stephan