[OSM-talk] Mail sending rate?

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Jun 5 15:38:45 BST 2011

Hi Brice,

The first wave went out in batches over two days to about 14,000
contributors who have edited during the 12 months.

The second wave going out now is to about 90,000 contributors who have
made at least one edit but have not contributed over the last year. It
started Friday UK time. We expect immediate response rate to be lower so
it is going out faster. It is projected to finish Monday evening.  Once
that is complete, every one who has ever made an edit but not accepted
or declined the new terms should have been sent an email to their
registered email address. A few questions and comments are coming in and
we are trying to follow them all up individually.

Anyone curious can see the first text at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ODBL/2011_May_Letter_Translations

May I also squeeze in a public thanks to Tom Hughes who kindly made the
process happen.

Mike