[OSM-talk] Bandwidth limit/IP blocking - Error 303 on the OSM API?

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 23:41:08 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
> On 05.06.2011 22:18, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>>>
>>> For doing test edits: Why not use the dev api? Then you won't have to
>>> worry
>>> about uploads breaking something.
>>
>> When I've done this kind of training, it's been for a disaster, and we
>> need the real data, and the real api.
>
> In what way does the dev API differ from the real one that is affecting your
> training? Or is it just that there is not enough data available?
> You can upload an extract of the area you are using into dev in advance to
> have data to play with.

Maybe my comment wasn't clear.

When I've done training for OSM, it's been in the context of a crisis
event when we had 20-40 people using areal imagery to examine an area
and map it. They would classify roads, detect destroyed buildings,
identify tent cities, etc.

The point wasn't just to train them in some abstract way, but to make
real change.

- Serge