[OSM-talk] Airspace & Co.

Mike N niceman at att.net
Tue Jun 7 12:19:04 BST 2011

On 6/7/2011 7:04 AM, Lennard wrote:
>> However, I would suggest that this is not a particularly hard problem to
>> >  solve; the editor can hide all nodes with a certain tag or put them in a
>> >  different layer.  Currently, available editors don't do that.
> JOSM does that. Particularly well, too. Have a look at the Filter stuff.

    I've not done much with JOSM filters, even when working with messy
landuse or administrative boundaries.  This is because they often share
nodes with a road (or whatever) that I need to edit.   Hiding the
underlying object can easily result in a self-crossing polygon.   So
actually, that's an argument for having such things to a separate data
space where the data consumer can mash them up.