[OSM-talk] Airspace & Co.

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:31:48 BST 2011

On 7 June 2011 13:58, Steve Bennett <stevagewp en gmail.com> wrote:
> The best long term solution to this, and other problems, would be to
> have better facilities for creating and integrating overlays. Just
> like Wikipedia solved some of its scoping problems by telling people
> to stick it all on Wikia, it would be easier if we had another
> solution: "don't put airspaces in OSM, put it in <storage solution>
> and then overlay it with <overlay solution>".

Or maybe "put it in OSM airspace db" or "historic db".  I can imagine
a set of OSM api servers for different purposes all under the name of
OSM.  You could then have the editor's Download dialog have a dropdown
list right there instead of hidden inside the Preferences dialog, with
an (editable) list like the imagery sources list.

Would it be confusing?  I don't think so, while it could make OSM
reacher and useful in more specific mapping projects.

Cheers