[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Fri Jun 10 10:11:26 BST 2011

To all active members of OSM !

I found that only 250 or so OSM contributors out of 250.000

are actually members of OSMF.

That is about 0.1 %.

Nevertheless it's that 0.1 % that actually decides what will

happen with OSM in the close future.

The current OSMF members are all very valued contributors with

a substantial track record  and the best intentions to OSM's future,

but they may be taking the wrong steps (IMHO).

So as to make sure that  your interests in OSM

are truly represented by OSMF, I want to call everyone

reading this message to once in their life spent a couple

of beers (not the free ones) to become a member of OSMF.

and make sure OSM remains Free !!

To those that think that the current steps in license change may

harm OSM, I want to say that joining OSMF is the only way left to

influence this in your wanted direction.

There are about 400  voters against the CT/ODBL, so

if all motivated no-voters become member, that certainly makes a fist.

To those who are in favor of the license change and really want to make
sure

that ODBL will be implemented ASAP, become member of OSMF,

or otherwise the NO-voters may take over.

Whatever the license result of your membership will be, the money spent

is wisely spent as it will contribute to a better future for OSM,

but then supported by a higher percentage of the community.

Gert Gremmen

Openstreetmap.nl  (alias: cetest)

P Before printing, think about the environment.