[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 21:50:08 BST 2011

On 10 June 2011 21:38, Nic Roets <nroets at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. How do they know that there is overwhelming support from the
> community ? (I don't believe the license change passed this test) and

Close to 99% of mappers who actively voted supported the change.

> 3. And waiting for the community to get 100% behind a change can take
> a very long time. If we want to compete with Google Map Maker, we may
> need to act much faster.

Here I agree with you fully. This is why the CT are hugely important
to the future of the project. You have declined them. How do you
propose that we, as a project, equip ourselves to react quickly in a
way that does not require 100% support?

> In the short term people should either become OSMF members or live
> with the consequences. In the long term, we could adopt a process
> where voting does not cost anything. (For example, I recently received
> a couple of messages from Wikimedia saying that my small number of
> edits made me eligible to vote in their election).

How much did it cost you to cast your no vote?

Dermot