[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF !

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:21:10 BST 2011

On 10 June 2011 23:01, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cannot think of any democratic process where only the 'yes' voters are
> allowed to participate in the results. Can you?

About a year ago, Bavaria held a referendum to ban smoking in just
about all indoor public places including pubs, restaurants and Beer
Tents. Non-smokers were free to vote "no", and we must presume that
many did. But because the vote was carried they are no longer free to
smoke in those places.

They are, of course, free to use them without smoking indoors. Just as
opponents of the OSM licence change will be free to participate in OSM
post-change, just not under their preferred terms. It seems a perfect
analogy.

Dermot