[OSM-talk] OSM Gift Ideas

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sat Jun 11 02:42:32 BST 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 09:53:59 -0400 Julio Costa Zambelli
<julio.costa at openstreetmap.cl> wrote:

> We have made and given away mugs[1], pencils and t-Shirts[2], and the last
> ones have proven to be the most effective way of advertising the project.
> Even though t-shirts are relatively expensive compared with the other two
> options, they are "walking publicity", the first two just stay over someones
> desk, at most been seen by his/her coworkers.
different gifts for different purposes.

mugs are good if you're doing an OSM presentation for, say, a users
group and you want to raffle off one or two items.

t-shirts are good for the obvious reasons.

i like car window stickers, i'd be happy to put a OSM stickers on my
rear quarter windows next to the two organization stickers
that are already there.

richard