[OSM-talk] Join the OSMF ! + PD / CC0 projects

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 10:29:36 BST 2011

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Brendan Morley <morb.gis at beagle.com.au> wrote:
> On 11/06/2011 10:02 AM, Nic Roets wrote:
>>>
>>> Not at all - I know of no form of democracy that distinguishes between
>>> grudging acceptance or evangelical zeal.
>>>

>> Dermot,
>>
>> I would quite like to take my data and start my own PD / CC0 project.
>>

> Nic,
>
> Before you go doing that, please consider the fine choices already in play.

I have. But if you read my complete email you will see that I don't
care too much which open source license is being used.

I'm much more worried about the effects of a fork. If we spend time
updating a number of forks, it will detract from time that we could
have spent mapping.

It's much better if we a democratic process and settle the license one
and for all. If joining the OSMF is a requirement to vote, then so be
it. It's only 25 bucks.

Regards,
Nic