[OSM-talk] Issues with OSM import to postgis

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 18:44:35 BST 2011

2011/6/13 Zolt Egete <xphreakster at gmail.com>:
> C:\Users\z.egete\tmp\osm2pgsql>osm2pgsql -U postgres -S default.style -d gisa -H 10.1.1.63 D:\planet-100127.osm
osm2pgsql SVN version 0.69-21289M
> I have tried with (-s, -u as well separately and have used -C 3000 at one
> time but no success)
> Any hint about it ?

There is no way you can use it without the -s (slim) option if you
have just 3GB of RAM. I'd really consider using a smaller extract then
the planet (it would take weeks to import it even if you manage to do
it). My suggestion: download a pbf extract from geofabrik and cut a BB
with pbftoosm

cheers,
Martin