[OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change process

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Wed Jun 15 13:29:56 BST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Street" <mail at andystreet.me.uk>
To: <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change
process

> On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 22:33 +0200, Michael Collinson wrote:
>> As per the implementation plan [1], we intend to move to phase 4 this
>> Sunday 19th June or as soon after as is technically practical. This will
>> mean that anyone who has explicitly declined the new contributor terms
>> will no longer be able to edit, (unless they  decide to accept).
>
> Can someone please point me to the outcome of the OSMF legal review into
> the compatibility of the CTs with the OS Opendata licence? I've been
> waiting patiently for it to be announced but must have missed it seeing
> as phase 4 is about to begin.

Andy

it may be better to ask your question on either talk-gb or legal-talk,

but last weeks minutes of the LWG [1], under point 2 "MATTERS ARISING (open
action items from previous meetings)" is the item "Mike - Follow-up to try
and get a meeting with OS", an item which has been on the minutes for months
, and which I have always taken to mean the legal review has not happened
yet.

But as I say it may be better to address the question either to the LWG
direct, or to ask on the other newsgroups.

Regards

David

[1]  https://docs.google.com/View?id=dd9g3qjp_119fr26kqdz