[OSM-talk] Announce: Beginning of Phase 4 of license change process

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Jun 15 16:47:45 BST 2011

On 15/06/2011 14:41, Richard Weait wrote:
> What seems backward to me is deciding to use a previously
> and famously "verboten" source for your edits without being perfectly
> clear that those edits are now permitted.

Where was it pronounced it was forbidden?

Under CC it was acceptable at the time of release & the new licence was
still evolving so *none* knew for sure.

We were informed by members & former members of OSMF that the problem
would "be sorted out in due course". The incompetence of those involved
prove otherwise.

I was lead to believe that some were working on the new licence &
persuading OS to release data at the same time!

It's only as the deadline draws near that those in favour of the change
are trying to put the blame on the mappers for there potentially being a
conflict. I find this irritating.

Dave F.