[OSM-talk] Users who disagree to ODbL but want PD / CC0

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Thu Jun 16 21:58:25 BST 2011

Dermot McNally <dermotm at gmail.com> writes:

> On 16 June 2011 18:55, Robert Kaiser <kairo at kairo.at> wrote:
>
>> I know at least one person who does exactly that just because he wants to
>> harm the OSMF because he disagrees with the processes - not with the
>> outcome, though.
>
> The harm he's doing is to the other mappers in the areas he has mapped.

It does not matter why someone decides to not agree to the CT but still
releases his data into PD.  It is enough that people like that exist and
we need to deal with that.  And to argue that they should agree to the
CT and then forget OSM is not going to help.

There are probably also people that have stated somewhere that their
data is PD and later disappeared.

It would be a pity to loose all the data of those people.

Matthias