[OSM-talk] Can I say "yes" to the ODbL if I can't account for 100% of my data?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:41:50 BST 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
> In my opinion, changeset-based sources also make it clear which edit was
> using which source. For example, since good Bing imagery has become
> available, I've developed a habit to trace the buildings in an area from
> Bing, then go out and survey the area in order to add house numbers and
> other attributes to the buildings (and make sure that the imagery wasn't
> bogus).

Seems like the way in which we work has a big impact on what method of
sourcing makes the most sense. Me, I mostly work off aerial imagery,
with a bit of local knowledge and the odd GPS trace. I don't work in a
particularly focused way - I might start with a GPS trace, then drift
off as I see interesting things to map. Others work obviously
completely differently.

Steve