[OSM-talk] Potlatch 2.2
richard at systemeD.net
Sun Jun 19 18:12:38 BST 2011
I'm pleased to announce Potlatch 2.2 is live.
New features include:
- Greatly improved vector background layer support (load shapefiles in
the background and bring elements through one-by-one), including
reprojection from OSGB
- Control-drag an area to select multiple elements
- MapCSS 0.2 support
- Highlight 'merged' tags (e.g. name=High Street;Main Road)
- 'View data' button in the upload progress dialogue, so you can select,
copy and paste the changeset XML
- Timed reminders to save your work!
- Lots of bugfixes and little improvements
As ever, thanks to everyone who's helped, particularly Andy (A) who
contributed lots to the unglamorous refactoring behind the vector
background layer improvements.
There's also a special mode to show the licence status of the elements
you're editing. This will help you not to waste time editing an element
that may be deleted later, and make it easier to get areas "ODbL-ready".
To use it, simply choose 'Show licence status' from the Options
dialogue, and make sure you're editing with the standard Potlatch map
style. It will show:
- Elements where version 1 was created by someone who's declined
ODbL+CT: solid red
- Elements where a later version was edited by a decliner: transparent red
- Elements with a version edited by someone who hasn't decided yet:
(As yet it only shows node/way status, not relations.) Results are from
More information about the talk