[OSM-talk] Pitiful proceedings - as usual

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 08:09:42 BST 2011

Hi!

First of all: I am in favour of the licence change itself, I have agreed a
long time ago and I was actually looking forward to phase 4 bringing forward
some decisions.

Nevertheless, the enabling of phase 4 (which likely may have happened
yesterday or so) strikes me as another pitiful example of how not to do such
things.

Considering that lack of information has been the chief reason for
disagreement with the proceedings for some two years now, one might have
naively assumed that someone in the OSMF might have listend or learned and
that important steps might have been accompanied by some sort of official
announcement.

Instead, is guesswork and rumours all over again. The most definite insider
information to have was "yes, on IRC was someone with a test account who
claims he can't edit anymore".

I don't know how you feel, but for me it is very hard to remain supportive
of the matter in the face of such consequent incompetence handling it.

bye
                    Nop