[OSM-talk] Pitiful proceedings - as usual

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Mon Jun 20 18:11:13 BST 2011

On 20/06/11 17:47, TimSC wrote:

> On 20/06/11 16:39, Chris Hill wrote:
>> Maybe part of the reason that these volunteers are working too hard
>> is because some people demand individual attention. Imagine if
>> everyone made their own demands of the LWG ...
>>
> Are you seriously saying that a handful of people directly talking to
> the LWG is a significant factor in LWG having communication
> difficulties? Or is this just another ad hominem? Is there a
> constructive solution to this? or are you telling me to shut up?
I don't know the Latin for shut up.

> It seems to me the same issues come up again and again, but never
> concluded, so it is not necessarily the fault of the person asking the
> question (or even of the LWG). I suggest that people directly trying
> to communicate with the LWG is a symptom and not a cause of the
> communication problem.

And exactly how did making a long list of personal demands at the
eleventh hour help with that process? There is a world of difference
asking questions on a public mailing list and sending a personalised
list of demands to the LWG that was long enough to be used as a cure for
insomnia.

--
Cheers, Chris
user: chillly