[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Thu Jun 23 00:29:30 BST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-22 at 13:49 -0700, Steve Coast wrote:

> Personally I hope as soon as possible. I suspect it will be nice to
> give you 'no' guys some time to reconsider, as some already have.

Such a pity you dont extend the same feelings to those 'yes guys' who
wish to change their acceptance.  Except that changing from no to yes is
generally upto the mapper, those who wish to change the other way are
trying to protect themselves and the OSM project from liability.  Surely
with the whole purpose of the licence change being to purge any
non-compatible data, these requests should be taken seriously, not in
the way they generally have been, with refusal.

David