[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Graham Stewart (GrahamS) graham at dalmuti.net
Thu Jun 23 12:51:04 BST 2011

Steve Coast wrote:

> 80n wrote:
>>
>>> A: We will definitely stop using OSM as soon as OSM switches to ODbL
>>> for it's output.
>>> Q: Now when will that be?
>>

> Personally I hope as soon as possible. I suspect it will be nice to give
> you 'no' guys some time to reconsider, as some already have.

As I understand it, you can now only contribute to OSM if you have accepted
the new CTs?
Thus all edits from this point onwards are made by people happy to have
their work under ODbL?

So in theory, while in this interim stage, we could stop providing any new
data as CC-by-SA and instead offer a frozen CC-by-SA planet dump, with all
work since that freeze available as an additional ODbL "diff"?