[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Thu Jun 23 19:43:13 BST 2011

David Murn schrieb:
> Now, say half a dozen developers decided to take the GPL codebase, call
> it FreeLinux and continue development, while encouraging anyone who ever
> contributed to the project under GPL and wants to continue using that
> licence, to come over to their project.

If they wouldn't have an agreement with the Linux Foundation, they might
not be able to use the "Linux" trademark for it.

That said, I'm happy about FOSM, if I ever become a resident of the US
and that legal opinion on this matter still holds up, I might pull its
data and provide it under PD myself.

Robert Kaiser