[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:52:29 BST 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Uh huh. So I suppose if there were a successful plebiscite in a
> country wanting to change their form of government from presidential
> to parliamentary (or vice versa) then that's a rotten thing unless the
> winning side leaves the territory to the losing side and create a new
> country with a new name?

I don't think Gert should have used the word 'hijack'.

But I also don't know why you three compare the license change to
ordinary democratic processes. It's much closer to what's been
happening in the Arab States this year: People opposed to the license
change have been voicing their discontent for 2 years now. And Steve
and some other directors keep responding to it. So the basis for the
discontent must have merit.

And it's clogging up our main communications channel (talk).

A modern democratic government would have found a way to defuse the
situation long ago.