[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Thu Jun 23 22:17:12 BST 2011

This discussion makes me sad.

My personal motivation in life is : everybody should live in freedom"
. Derived from this:

" alternatives are good, monopoly is bad"

fosm; I embrace the initiative, but you have a lot of "marketing" to
do if you want people to come to FOSM. A website with broken links, no
information about who initiated the fork or any insight about the who,
why and what looks to me like communicating with my bank over a
http-connection. It feels unsecure. Open some communication channels
and please grow to maturity.

osm; Keep up what your doing, but work on a open, clear and
respectfull approach towards individuals, community-members and
businesses. Stay away from the trolls

I am in no camp. I am me. I love the good openstreetmap brought to the
world, I love the HOT initiative and derivated humanitarian projects.
I feel blessed to be involved with a mapping project that gives people
everywhere, all over the world access to map data without
discrimination and with respect to their individuality.

And now I get the hell out of this discussion that is in my opinion
leading nowhere.