[OSM-talk] License/CT issues: Let's not punish the world's disadvantaged, pls.

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Fri Jun 24 09:06:42 BST 2011

On 23/06/2011 17:35, John Smith wrote:
> On 24 June 2011 01:27, Robert Scott<lists at humanleg.org.uk>  wrote:
>
>> >  So - what, you're saying we should be doing the whole list-ten-thousand-names-in-the-corner thing? I don't understand - what's your point?
>>
> My point is, why should other sites be forced into attribution even
> OSM-F isn't willing to give it's own contributors, nor make it easy
> for people to find it without it being pointed out.

"4. At Your or the copyright owner’s option, OSMF agrees to attribute
You or the copyright owner. A mechanism will be provided, currently a
web page http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution."

Hope that helps. I am personally not going to put my name there, I have
always felt that my contributions are more important then my name.

Mike