[OSM-talk] Bike / Pedestrian directions on the MQ Open sites

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 6 16:15:19 GMT 2011

Experience teaches us that unless something consumes a not so common tag, it
won't get tagged much. Once a tag is consumed by something highly visible
like a renderer or a router it's use will increase.

Meanwhile if the MQ bike router would know about except=bicycle and someone
complains about it not ignoring a certain turn restriction, we can tell them
to fix the tagging / have the tagging fixed. If it would ignore all turn
restrictions when doing bikerouting, then there is no way of creating valid
routes in countries where the turn restrictions are valid for bicycles.

Oh, on what is your assumption based that in most countries turn restrictions
don't apply to bicycles? Did you check may countries?

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus