[OSM-talk] Boundary editing (was Zero tolerance on imports)

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 21:00:04 GMT 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Peter Wendorff
<wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> These filters would not solve the problem.
> If boundaries are filtered and not displayed, moving a way with a common
> node leads to the same error - but as the boundary is not displayed, it's
> even harder to recognize the error.

Well true, it would make it more difficult if things are already
broken. But it would help prevent people from breaking things in the
first place. That was the goal of my suggestion. People who don't know
about filtering, shared nodes, etc and are just doing a casual edit
may not even know what to do with an error message like that anyway so
we may just have to live with those problems. But if you can nip them
in the bud...