[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Bike / Pedestrian directions on the MQOpen sites

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Mar 7 04:07:00 GMT 2011

You are trying to shift the goalposts, from the topic of allowing bicycles on Interstates to the more general topic of allowing bicycles on limited-access highways.  Tennessee specifically forbids use of the Interstates by non-motorized traffic.  Since bicycles don't have motors, this excludes them.  Motor-driven cycles (mopeds and motorized bicycles) are also specifically forbidden, presumably because laws require that they have governors limiting them to a low rate of speed.  If need be, I will take a photo of one of the on-ramp signs and post it to the list.