[OSM-talk] Extracting a BBOX from an osm change file

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 23:45:27 GMT 2011

On 03/11/2011 01:39 PM, Rodolphe Quiedeville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With osmosis-0.38 it's possible to extract data contains in a bbox from
> ans osm data file. But it appears that it's not work for an osm change
> file.
> I want to know if changes files from
> planet.openstreetmap.org/hourly-replicate/ are useful for a BBOX. My
> first idea wass to to this with osmosis, if someone give me a hint.
>
> Regards

If you want to apply daily diff to an osm file you can do it and write
only new file in some bbox or boundary, thats how I use it:

osmosis  --read-xml-change file="daily.osc" --read-xml file="base.osm"
--apply-change --bounding-polygon clipIncompleteEntities="true"
file="border.poly" --write-xml file="new.osm"

I use bounding polygon but bbox should work as well

If you want only changes you use osmosis to get change.osc from base.osm
to new.osm