[OSM-talk] update to MQ critical address file for US

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Mon Mar 14 18:56:29 GMT 2011

Am 14.03.2011 18:20, deb T:
> MapQuest is providing critical address files on an ongoing basis to
> the OSM community that contain user-provided latitude and longitude
> locations across the world. Our users have provided these exact
> locations to us so that they could be mapped correctly on our MapQuest
> maps. More information can be found on our wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/MapQuest/Critical_Addresses
>
> Today, we added a new update file for the US:
> http://www.mqdemo.com/antfarm/criticaladdressfile/critical_address_file_us-update-14Mar2011.csv
>
> Cheers!
>
> Deb Tankersley
> MapQuest Open Initiative
> OSM User: hey ok

I just checked a 5 entries in german cities I know about:
- one typo on the street name "Bahnhofsplatz" in the CSV instead of the
correct "Bahnhofplatz" in the city of Ulm
- duplicate "Jahnstraße" in Traunstein
- two nodes which were in the correct town, but in the mid of the street.

It seems the coordinate quality is rather rough generally. So the
housenumber + postcode are the rather interesting information and the
latlon aren't.

Claudius