[OSM-talk] To the author of the AddrInterpolation JOSM plugin

Mike N niceman at att.net
Sun Mar 20 19:22:42 GMT 2011

On 3/20/2011 12:15 PM, Floris Looijesteijn wrote:
> Since a while now this plugin copies and remembers postcode from selected nodes
> and assigns the same values to all your work.
>
> This is obviously wrong but easily overlooked. Since it's already
> mentioned on the
> wiki page of the plugin I wonder why this behaviour is still present.

   Hi Floris,

    I am the author and it will help to understand how others are using
the plugin.    I developed to fit local conventions where postal codes
change zero to one time along a street.  For that case, the address
interpolation way should be split, just as would be done if the maxspeed
changes along the street.    If the postal code changes many times
within a street, the postal code would need to be entered manually
afterward anyway.   I normally just collect all addresses on a single
street rather than several addresses across a large area.  For that
case, I would need to repeatedly enter the same postal code information
each time.

    There may be ways that the plugin is useful I didn't think of: such
as entering all POIs collected along a trip route; each one could have a
different postal code.

   Please describe how it's used in your case, and something could be
stored in preferences to change its behavior.

   Regards,

   Mike