[OSM-talk] Licensing Working Group

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Mar 23 14:19:32 GMT 2011

Russ Nelson <nelson at crynwr.com> writes:

> Pieren writes:
>  > Are we forced to read every two months the same thread, the same
>  > approximations, the same lies, the same trolls on this list ?
>
> The strength of OSM is its community, not its license. If relicensing
> hurts the community (which it OBVIOUSLY is), then relicensing is
> wrong.
>
> It's not too late to stop. Surely we all have better things to do,
> like mapping??

I agree.   I don't particularly dislike the ODBL, but I am not
comfortable with CT that grants the project permission to relicense
under non-share-alike terms later.

I've been too busy to map much due to personal and work issues lately,
but I find that the (pushy, in my perception) relicensing issue makes me
less inclined to participate.