[OSM-talk] Licensing Working Group

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Wed Mar 23 17:07:30 GMT 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 13:16 +0100, Pieren wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:45 PM, Mike N <niceman at att.net> wrote:
>
> Exactly .... start an "OSM Meetup" group now?   How to explain to them
> that if they make certain types of corrections, their work will be
> deleted?
>

> Are we forced to read every two months the same thread, the same
> approximations, the same lies, the same trolls on this list ?

Dont worry, next Friday the licence change will be mandatory and there
will be no more chance for consultation.  The problem is that this whole
process has dragged on for so long that every two months the same
threads have been coming up, rather than being nipped in the bud quickly
and moving the process along.

It may dishearten you to know though, that the phase after that
mandatory acceptance period is designated for this thread to recur again
and investigate why users havent accepted the CTs (rather than working
properly and taking that information under advice now).

David