[OSM-talk] Licensing Working Group

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:42:33 GMT 2011

On 24 March 2011 06:00, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com> wrote:
> It's an inoculation.  A bit of a pinch, and a sore spot on the arm for
> a day, but we're all better off afterwards.

It's more like a tainted vaxination, the kind where you end up a lot worst off.

> ODbL gives us the real share-alike, open data license that we wish we
> had available to us when the project started.

ODBL is nothing like share-a-like, it weakens things considerably.

> CT future-proofs the project so that we can keep up with the Open Data
> environment that we are changing.

As others have pointed out repeatedly, no other major project requires
this that isn't some how commercially based, this is the kind of terms
that Google offers for people contributing.