[OSM-talk] Examples of OSM used in Transport Planning?

arno arno at renevier.net
Sun Mar 27 15:23:47 BST 2011

Le dimanche 27 mars 2011, à 07:12:59 -0700, Mikel a écrit :
> Hi
>
> The World Bank is holding a conference this Wednesday on Transport Planning &
> Applications, and I've been asked to give a talk on applications of OSM in
> transport.
>
> Off the top of my head, I think of ITO's work, London Tube Travel Time, UK Rail
> OSM seat back maps, Portland Oregon's transport work (they'll be there), India
> railways maps. Just a few...
>
> What are some of the best example applications of OSM in transport?

you have osmtransport to show map of public transportations in a lot of cities
around the world.
http://3liz.fr/public/osmtransport/
you also have isokron which shows the points reachable in 15min, 30min, 45min
and 1hour.
http://www.isokron.com/

wiki also list a few others
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/List_of_OSM_based_Services#Public_Transport

regards,
arno

--
http://syj.renevier.net/
Show Your Journey, a website to share routes