[OSM-talk] The Future of Areas

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Mar 28 10:28:43 BST 2011

Hi!

Some people (including me) are not happy with the way we represent areas in
OSM.  There have been some discussions here and there, but not much was done.
If we want to make progress on this issue we should document what the problems
with the current approach actually are. Based on that we can develop and
evaluate possible solutions.

Frederik and I have written down some of the issues and ideas on these pages:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/The_Future_of_Areas . This is only a
beginning to establish a place where the discussion can be documented and
organized. Please add your concerns, problems, issues, proposed solutions,
etc.

Jochen