[OSM-talk] ITO Map now Global

Leandro Motta Barros lmbarros at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:15:39 BST 2011

Hi!

Nice! Another very useful tool for finding problems and areas that
need more work. The fact that is works in my region is a big plus ;-)

Two quick suggestions/notes you may already be aware of, but anyway:

1) Coloring for buildings with addresses seems incorrect for many
cases I saw. For instance, this building
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/104741421 has address info,
but it is shown in red. (In fact, all buildings I see in my town are
in red, despite the fact that many of them have addresses and/or names
(see http://www.itoworld.com/product/data/ito_map/main?view=9&bbox=-5693949.96881538,-3473721.866134205,-5693243.76233382,-3473317.908382995&layers=&base_style=&clear_map_history=true
)

2) In the "surface" view, wouldn't it be good to have surface=asphalt
rendered the same way as paved streets? Right now, they seem to be
ignored, which is bad for me (I use surface=asphalt a lot). I suspect
that surface=paving_stones is not handled either. (both of these
surface tags are documented in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:surface).

Anyway, thanks for the great tool!

LMB