[OSM-talk] Okay, this is just cool (Lockport, NY)

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:59:42 BST 2011

One more argument in Pieren's favour: OSM is not for profit. On
Slashdot a court case was recently mentioned where the judge ruled in
favour of a non profit who copied a complete article from a
copyrighted journal.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> Pieren wrote:
>>> Anyone round here ever seen the film 'Groundhog Day'?
>> If you mean it's a desperate fud which will never end, I understand.
>
> Yes. If we separate the horrid neologism into its three component parts -
> Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt - then I'm entirely with you on that.
>
> We are Uncertain as to what exactly copyright law and Google's (IMO
> deliberately[1]) ambiguous terms allow. We are Doubtful at what point Google
> would start suing people. We are Fearful that the world's biggest technology
> company

Richard, would you be any less fearful if it turns out that Google is
in fact 4th by market cap and is quite far from the the largest by
revenue ?

http://www.google.com/finance?q=apple
http://www.google.com/finance?q=microsoft
http://www.google.com/finance?q=ibm