[OSM-talk] New Logo in the Wiki

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Mon May 2 12:57:23 BST 2011

SteveC schrieb:
> You will also find discussion of this list in that meeting. If I had posted the new logo idea here before doing anything there would have been a gigantic discussion on it and nothing would happen. Any progress at all in any direction now means at least 5 or 10 people on this list don't like it. That makes it very hard for anyone to achieve anything without treating this list as noise. We need to get away from that. Any ideas appreciated.

You might want to take a look at how we came up with a somewhat
facelifted Firefox logo some time ago at Mozilla. There was both a clear
path led by individuals and designers with swift decisions being made
and at the same time good ways for input from the community, which was
weighed in the process - and it took 2 or 3 proposals to come to the
final one, which is always good as everyone forgets something in that
work - like the screwed up perspective in that OSM logo rework (and I
also think that one is hard to reduce to small sizes and still be
useful, for example).

It's good that some activity is being done, but it can be done better.
In that light, let's try to make it better. :)

Robert Kaiser