[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update

Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de
Tue May 3 23:44:22 BST 2011

"Frederik Ramm" wrote on 03/05/2011 at 21:59:45 +1100
subject "[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update" :

> I'll check but I think that the NC area should be in the
> "australia+oceania" extract.

It is included, but ADSL in New Caledonia is expensive and therefor
quite slow (256kb downstream).

I downloaded it yesterday to update both my New Zealand and New
Caledonia map.

Maybe you could make one Oceania extract for the hole pacific ocean,
just excluding Australia an New Zealand. I guess that 95% of data
volume is located in this two island and the rest of Oceania will be
fast to download even if I get the Easter Island, Samoa, Hawaii en
Tahiti if I only need New Caledonia.

Cutting the extract with osmosis is not a problem and very fast.

--
Sincerely
Hendrik Oesterlin - New Caledonia