[OSM-talk] User diary enhancements, subscriptions, Facebook/Twitter integration

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Sat May 7 13:52:04 BST 2011

Hi,

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Josh Doe wrote:
>
>> That got me wondering about adding the possibility to share posts with
>> Facebook/Twitter/etc, and then even allowing login to OSM with
>> Facebook/OpenID, and who knows what else.
>>

> Well I'd say that OpenID is enough. And there's an OpenID branch of the
> Rails Port that already goes so some length supporting that.
>

>  I know we need to be careful
>> about not trying to implement a full blown blogging platform, but I
>> think it's important to have some of these features.
>>

> We might also go in the other direction, acknowledge that we're not a
> blogging platform, and try for better integration with sites that are... new
> users already seem to be quite confused by the multitude of options to
> express oneself in OSM.

There's already blogs.openstreetmap.org that aggregates OSM-related
blogging. I have posted only a few diary entries over the years, and to me
the diary system does not make a lot of sense unless there's tighter
integration with changesets or the map, but then again, I haven't done a
thing to improve the diary system myself, so what am I even talking about.

--
Martijn van Exel
http://about.me/mvexel