[OSM-talk] Ipad and openstreetmap.org

Floris Looijesteijn osm at floris.nu
Wed May 11 14:27:11 BST 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> On 11/05/11 13:06, Floris Looijesteijn wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone is working on Ipad support for openstreetmap.org?
>> Otherwise I will start working on it myself...
>
> I'd love to know how you're going to "work on it" exactly ;-)
>
> I mean you do know that the map is entirely driven by a third party
> javascript library right? So that is what you would need to work on
> rather than our site...

Of course, and I love OL!
I just wanted to know if somebody already looked into the problem
otherwise I would have done that.

BTW, this (dev) example works like a charm on Ipad, a lot better
than the one on khtml.org.

http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile-navigation.html

I had just hoped that this would have gotten implemented a bit faster...

Greets,
Floris