[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Thu May 19 09:07:24 BST 2011

Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> schrieb:

>Hi,
>
>On 05/19/2011 06:44 AM, Hermann Peifer wrote:
>> Are the boundary polygons that you use for clipping available
>somewhere?
>> I do vaguely remember that I have seen them earlier, but I can't find
>> them anymore.
>
>No, they aren't publicly available but I send them to people on
>request.
>There's really no reason to keep them secret, I just haven't set up a
>mechanism to automatically put them on the server because I didn't
>think
>people were all that interested.

Are they so much in flux that simply putting them on a web server won't do as a mechanism?

If you publish them you might get patches to eliminate those occasional spots of no-man's-land you were referring to in an earlier mail.

One thing people might be interested in doing is to merge them and use the result for extracting where the geofabrik extracts are not mergeable.

Matthias