[OSM-talk] Geofabrik Download Server Update

Frank Fesevur ffes at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 19 10:09:58 BST 2011

2011/5/19 Frederik Ramm <frederik op remote.org>:
> On 05/19/2011 06:44 AM, Hermann Peifer wrote:
>> Are the boundary polygons that you use for clipping available somewhere?
>> I do vaguely remember that I have seen them earlier, but I can't find
>> them anymore.
>
> No, they aren't publicly available but I send them to people on request.
> There's really no reason to keep them secret, I just haven't set up a
> mechanism to automatically put them on the server because I didn't think
> people were all that interested.

It would be interesting for me if I could just review those polygons
on a map. Don't know if and/or how this can be done. For instance, I
want to use the Austria extract for the coming summer holiday, but we
will stay near the border of Italy. So I would like to know how far
does it go across borders. And I don't know how to see that from the
polygons, if I could download them.

Regards,
Frank