[OSM-talk] Default policy on automated edits

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Tue May 24 13:14:08 BST 2011

* Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> [2011-05-21 11:49 +0100]:
> I was recently having a discussion about the role of automated imports
> and other automated edits to our dataset.
>
> I think we need a simple, concise position statement on the issue.
>
> This video concisely summarizes my view on the issue and I suggest we
> adopt it as our official default policy:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb2Pzl1U0sY

You posted this at about the same time I found and was considering an
import of landuse data for Baltimore City.  Unfortunately for me, the
quality of the city's shapefile data was not at all up to the quality
standard of OpenStreetMap, which only adds support to your position.

I wrote a little about this on my diary:

  http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/asciiphil/diary/13891

--- --
By policy, LISP has never really catered to mere mortals.
And, of course, mere mortals have never really forgiven LISP for not
catering to them.
                       -- Larry Wall