[OSM-talk] anonymous edits

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Thu May 26 19:06:00 BST 2011

I think that's a great idea! However I don't believe it should be
directly added to the OSM database, since the POI may already exist,
or there could be other problems. Instead why not create an .osm file
and allow others to add/merge it to OSM using tools like JOSM? An even
better idea might be to piggy back on the bug/note concept, and just
create a ticket with the proposed changes. A JOSM plugin, Potlatch, or
a custom GUI can pull these bugs/notes and present them to a
contributor to add to OSM.

Great idea though, I'd love to see an implementation of this!

-Josh