[OSM-talk] poland to open publically-funded data

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon May 30 09:01:10 BST 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 04:19:42PM +1200, Robin Paulson wrote:
> from slashdot:
> the polish prime minister announced a bill to ensure all government
> data will be released as public domain.
>
> http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.premier.gov.pl%2Fcentrum_prasowe%2Fwydarzenia%2Fw_kprm_o_rozwoju_internetu%2C6599%2F
>
> original, in polish:
> http://www.premier.gov.pl/centrum_prasowe/wydarzenia/w_kprm_o_rozwoju_internetu,6599/
>
> here's hoping it passes, and includes geo data

The truth is not as beautiful. It is true our Prime Minister said „all
data created by the government is public”, but at the same time the
government produces a law with includes limitations and prices for
information, especially for the geographical information. We have
learned not to trust what the Prime Minister says and look at what he
does…

Greets,
        Jacek